Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Screen Casts


I recently found out that my favorite online screen recorder (Screen Toaster) has quietly gone away. I used the recorder to make several screen cast videos and now, sigh, I'll have to re-record.

What is a screen cast? A screen cast is a recording of your computer screen. It allows you to record what is happening step-by-step on your computer (above is a snapshot of what the recording software looked like when I was ready to start recording). This allows you to create video instructions for your targeted audience.

I've used screen casts on my Science Notebooking blog to show viewers how to format Word documents to fit into a notebook format. I have also made them to put on my school website to show parents how to access and use Compass learning at home.

I am now on the look out for a new (free) screen casting site. Luckily I came across this online article that gives several options to replace Screen Toaster. Right now I am trying out Screen-O-Matic and I will report back once I have played around in it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment